Sunday 26 September 2010

The All-Consuming Nature Of ...

Where Jackals Lie. I was talking to a friend about this last night, and finally came to the conclusion that, in the past two or so weeks, I have spent roughly 75% of my waking life thinking about my NaNo novel. Plots, characters, scenarios, locations, extras ... anything and everything pertaining to the project has simply taken over my life. I find it almost impossible to think about anything else.

So, this begs the question; is this kind of behaviour healthy? Is the obsession a good thing? Or have I gone off the deep end already, with more than a month left to go before NaNoWriMo? Am I simply cocooning myself in this fantasy world because I feel as though my life damn well sucks? I don't think I will ever know. It might just be a mix of all these things. Or it might just be, pure and simple, over-excitement at the prospect of NaNo being so soon, and yet so far away.

Unfortunately, I need to think about other things as much as I do NaNo: sorry, novel, but I do have coursework to submit. Or resubmit. And exam re-takes pending. And a lot of other life things [some more pleasant than others, such as Avenged Sevenfold/Stone Sour in October =D] to contend with. I know you need to grow big and strong before November, but so does my college life, sadly. v_v

No comments:

Post a Comment