Saturday 16 October 2010

Oh, Right. Outlining. I Forgot About That.

o_o;

Yes. Yes I did ... which I'd hardly call putting myself at an advantage, now. I forget why I haven't actually been outlining. Partly, it might be the lack of access to the computer I've had - I say that, and mean that while I've been able to get on, I actually haven't been sitting down for marathon periods of time and just plain plotting. This, I think, comes from one stupid bodily requirement: sleep.

Being tired =/= no plotting and no plotting =/= hitting a wall during NaNo. I found this out the hard way my first NaNo. I had the 'tasks' for my main character up until chapter 5, at which point I hit the wall and stopped writing. For 10 days. I looked at my chart when I returned for NaNo '09, and there was this ... flat surface. 10 days worth of not updating. Not writing. Until then, I wasn't doing so badly (aside from the days where I'd written maybe 300 words). Last year, I had all my chapters planned out and subsequently did well for it, although I think, in retrospect, this was as much down to purple prose (and lots of it) as it was planning. It's not like the plot was the best thing I could have come up with ... I was just far too proud of it at the time ...

Anyways, yeah. This is turning into a ramble. :) so ... yeah. Uh, hooray for dreams, though? The really messed up, disturbing, why-did-I-even-dream-that? kind. Not that I thought it was disturbing at the time ... more a case of not being able to figure out what on earth was going on. :) all I could grasp was that it was in a city (good, I need that), and that someone was throwing couches and people out of the window, alongside trying to ... uh, eat faces, I think. o_o; thanks, Inglorious Basterds, for that scalp-cuting scene that probably inspired that part. Maybe I'll modify it a little before using it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment