Wednesday 20 October 2010

... So You're In Love Now? Oh. Great.

I love it when this happens; characters deciding, suddenly, that they're in love.

No, really. This time, at least, I love it. Because for me? it means I can milk it for all it is worth and THEN punish the couple. >D ... I mean, one of the characters didn't have a particularly pretty ending ahead of him, no matter which way you spin the situation. But now ... now, it just makes sense on SO many more levels! Now, he'll probably actually be missed.

Normally, however, not so great. I torture my characters, probably more than I should; they rarely end up with happy endings regardless, but this year ... I'm just feeling as though I'm being extra sadistic. Is this a good thing? Only November will tell, but somehow ... I don't know. I mean, these people don't live in a great place to begin with. The Universe hasn't blessed them with particularly fun lives, although they do make the best of what they have, I guess. All the same, these are the characters that will hate me once November rolls around, and when it's though? They'll hate me more. And when time comes for a sequel? Well ... don't even get me started.

I think I have issues ...

1 comment:

  1. there's something to be said for avoiding the classic happy ending,with everyone walking off into the sunset holding hands!adds another level of realism to things if the ending is a bit messy and not everything matches up as the reader hopes!

    ReplyDelete